Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After a storm, electricity may be disconnected to prevent damages. Some people light candles and utter the words, "let there be light" as comforting words. In the book of Genesis, chapter 1 verse 3, someone said the words, "Let there be light". Who said those words?
2. Going to a function recently, the host urged everyone to "Eat, drink, and be merry". There are several references in the Bible using those words. In Luke chapter 12, verse 19, who said these words?
3. At a recent wedding, the minister ended by saying, "What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder" or separate. Who said "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder" in Matthew chapter 19 verse 6?
4. Recently, I heard a new father lovingly refer to his baby daughter as the "apple of my eye". In the Bible, in the book of Zechariah chapter 2 verse 8, mentions "the apple of his eye". Who said those words?
5. One of the most popular sayings about a habitual abuser is "Can a leopard change his spots?" Who said these words in Jeremiah chapter 13 verse 23?
6. To prevent her curious son from asking embarrassing questions, a friend said that her neighbor's friend "gave up the ghost". In the Bible there are several references using that statement, but in John chapter 19 verse 30, Christ gave up the ghost. Who, traditionally, was responsible for those words in John?
7. Standing near a watercooler, I overhead someone talking about a coworker who was "a thorn in the flesh". Who mentioned those words in 2 Corinthians chapter 12 verse 7?
8. Our local radio station had a call-in request program. Someone requested Michael Jackson's "Heal the World". The line "... nations turn their swords into plowshares", stuck with me because it is mentioned in the Bible. In what book of the Bible is this found? The name of the book and the author is the same.
9. Talking about a car accident that he was involved in, a friend said, "I escaped serious injury by the skin of my teeth". A famous man in the Bible uttered the words "skin of my teeth". This man was famous for his patience and his refusal to "curse God and die". Who said these words?
10. Recently, someone came to me with a donation sheet and asked me if I could contribute to their religious cause. At the end of the month, with all my bills due, I gave a very small donation. The individual looked at me in disgust and said, "Don't you know its better to give than to receive"? Whom was she quoting from Acts chapter 20 verse 35?
Source: Author chrissie25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.