Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The wearing away of soil and rock by the action of streams, glaciers, waves, wind, underground water, and gravity.
2. The laying-down of rock-forming material by any natural agent.
3. Conversion of newly deposited sediment into a solid rock.
4. Process of exposing previously buried rock at the Earth's surface by removal (erosion) of the material on top of it.
5. Naturally occuring molten rock material generated and found within the Earth.
6. Rock formed by cooling and solidification of lava above the Earth's surface.
7. A layered rock resulting from the consolidation of sediment.
8. Destructive process by which rocks are changed on exposure to atmospheric agents at or near the Earth's surface with little or no transport of loosened or altered material.
9. Solid fragmented material transported and deposited that forms in layers of loose, unconsolidated material.
10. Emission of magma onto the Earth's surface.
Source: Author ladymacb29
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.