Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is NOT a sign of a possible landslide?
2. There are many ways to help prevent damage to your home and family from a landslide. First, you must establish how much your home is at risk. Which of these is a big sign of danger?
3. Another step in being prepared for a landslide is the same as with the danger of fire; making an evacuation plan. When is it best to make this evacuation plan?
4. Heavy rainfall can be an indicator of a landslide to come, and you should stay alert during these times.
5. Assuming you are not in immediate danger, which of these is a sensible thing to do before leaving when evacuating your home because of a landslide?
6. Should you return to your home if local officials haven't deemed it safe to return?
7. After the danger has passed, make sure to check your local radio or weather station for updates on the landslide. Which of the following do you NOT have do after returning home?
8. If you are in a high risk area, educate yourself about landslides. Do you know approximately how much Americans spent on landslide damage in 2001?
9. How many humans per year in the United States are killed by landslides?
10. In the U.S., where do the most landslides occur?
Source: Author mthegreat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.