Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The desert can quickly suck moisture from you. You have a small canteen full of water and it's really getting hot. What should you do?
2. Hypothermia is often a concern in the desert.
3. Black widow spiders are one of many creatures to be cautious of. You can easily identify one by its appearance. What is the best description?
4. Scorpions hunt at night in the desert. One way to detect them is to shine an ultraviolet light on the ground on front of you as you walk.
5. It is important to keep parasites and dangerous bacteria from accumulating on the body, but bathing is often a luxury in the desert. What is a good alternative to a traditional bath?
6. In desert areas, shelter from the sun should be a main consideration, but cold, rain, hail, even snow can also be factors. When building a shelter, you should do what?
7. Certain cactus species contain enough water to sustain a person for weeks in the desert.
8. Again back to water. Water means life! My canteen is empty and I need to find a water source. What are some ways to find water?
9. As a food source, most lizards are edible and will make for a decent meal. This one however should be avoided. What is it called?
10. Despite their reputations, deserts in the American Southwest have abundant wildlife.
Source: Author cplum972
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.