Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many wisdom teeth do MOST adults (who have not had them extracted) have?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason that people have their wisdom teeth removed?
3. Wisdom teeth are more scientifically known as _____________.
4. The ___________________ nerve, which supplies sensation to the right or left half of the chin and lower lip, is at risk of being struck while removing wisdom teeth, usually by accidental damage with a surgical drill.
5. Dry sockets develop when ________.
6. Dry sockets occur more frequently in men than in women.
7. Which of the following foods are NOT recommended for the patient to eat in the 24 hours that follow the surgery?
8. Most medical insurance plans cover wisdom teeth extraction.
9. You should rinse your mouth out with warm salt water several times a day for about a week after your surgery, NOT including the first 24 hours.
10. It is a good idea to vigorously swish an antiseptic (like Listerine) around in your mouth in days that follow your wisdom teeth extraction.
Source: Author candela3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.