Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which team (The Lilywhites) won the very first Division One Championship in the 1888-89 season?
2. Which team (The Black Cats) was the first to win the Division One championship three times?
3. Who had won most Division One championships by the end of the 19th century?
4. Which team was the the first to be relegated from Division One to Division Two?
5. The Football League did not play during WWI & WWII but, by coincidence, the same team won the Division One championship in the last season before both wars. Which team, from a city with two teams, was it?
6. Which team (nicknamed The Terriers), was the first to win the Division One championship three seasons in a row, achieving a hat-tick of wins?
7. Which London based team (nicknamed The Lilywhites), won their first Division One title in 1950-51 season and their second exactly ten years later in 1960-61?
8. At the 1966 World Cup final in England, which Division One team (nicknamed The Hammers or The Irons) from London, provided these three key players in the match: Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters?
9. Which team (nicknamed The Reds), won the Division One title six times in the 1980s?
10. Which team (nicknamed The Whites or The Peacocks), won the last Division One championship in 1991-92, before Division One left the Football League and became the FA Premier League?
Source: Author shipyardbernie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.