Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "I come to you with clean hands", said Pete Rozelle upon being elected NFL commissioner on January 26, 1960. What was he talking about?
2. Who was Phil Bengston in the NFL of the 1960s?
3. The NFL realigned into four divisions in 1967 to allow for an expanded playoff season. What were the names of the divisions?
4. During the 1960s, the NFL added four expansion teams. Which of them got off to a rousing start with a win in its first game?
5. In 1964, I rushed for 1,169 yards. It wasn't my best season, and I didn't lead the league, but it was my fifth consecutive 1,000-yard season, setting a new NFL record. Who am I?
6. What do Joe Perry, Leo Nomellini, and Ernie Stautner all have in common?
7. I coached the Cleveland Browns to the NFL championship in 1964, their last title of the 20th century. Who am I?
8. What was the NFL Playoff Bowl?
9. What team administered the "Thanksgiving Day Massacre," giving the Green Bay Packers what many consider to have been their worst loss under Vince Lombardi?
10. The first NFL player to ever appear on the cover of Time magazine, I was a mainstay of the defenses of the New York Giants and Washington Redskins in the 1960s. If you saw the CBS special about me, you know all about my "violent world," especially my legendary battles with Jim Brown. Who am I?
Source: Author d2407
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.