Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first Olympic medals credited to India were won by an Anglo Indian athlete named Norman Pritchard in the 1900 Summer Olympics held at Paris. What led to the controversy surrounding these medals?
2. While India did officially participate in the 1920 Antwerp and 1924 Paris Olympics, the medal tally did not increase until the 1928 Amsterdam Olympics. In which team sport, also the country's national game, did India strike gold in these games?
3. India won eight gold medals at various different Olympic Games in the 20th century. Were all these medals were won in the same sport?
4. India won a bronze medal at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics. Nicknamed the Pocket Dynamo, in which sport did KD Jadhav win the first individual Olympic medal for independent India?
5. Milkha Singh represented India in the 400 meter sprint at the 1956 Melbourne and 1960 Rome Olympics. Which of these medals did he win for the country?
6. Who was the first Indian woman to reach the finals of the Olympics, at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics?
7. Tennis player Leander Paes won a bronze medal for India at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Did he win this in the men's singles or doubles category?
8. India's wait for its first female Olympic medal winner finally ended in the 2000 Sydney Olympics with a bronze medal won by Karnam Malleswari. In which sport did she compete?
9. Which Indian sportsperson became the first to win an individual gold medal for India with a gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
10. India won two bronze medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Were both the bronze medals won in the same category?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.