Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Mexican Clausura 2013 final was played between America and Cruz Azul. In which stadium was the second leg played?
2. The first leg of the Mexican Clausura 2013 final took place on May 23, and the second took place on May 26. In Mexico, the system works like this (two legs played), but in which of the following countries is the tournament twice as long and the champion is whoever ends up with most points?
3. Not everyone can be a referee in Mexico. There are a set of requirements to be met, which are outlined by the FMF (Mexican Football Federation in English). Which qualified official refereed the second leg of the Mexican Clausura 2013 final?
4. The Mexican Clausura 2013 final was incredibly exciting from the start. Which player was shown the red card and thrown out of the game just 14 minutes after the match started?
5. 20 minutes after the Mexican Clausura 2013 match started, fans of Cruz Azul exploded - a goal had been scored! Which player scored the first goal of the game?
6. With two minutes remaining, it looked as though the Mexican Clausura 2013 final game was over, but not just yet. The Colombian defender and team captain of America sent the ball to the net with his head at minute 88'. Who is this man?
7. The Mexican Clausura 2013 final got even more exciting as Moises Muņoz scored the second goal of the game for America in aggregate, seconds before the game was over. Which position was Muņoz playing?
8. After 30 minutes of extra time were played, there was still no champion, so the game had to be decided by penalty shootout. Javier Orozco from Cruz Azul kicked the first penalty and missed, followed by America's Raul Jimenez, who scored. Unfortunately for Cruz Azul, it was a rainy night, which made the field slippery. Which player tripped while shooting the penalty and therefore missed?
9. Finally, America could win the championship if this player scored. Jimenez, Benitez and Martinez had all scored their penalties, so this was the decisive kick. Who was the shooter?
10. America ended up as champions, keeping Cruz Azul from breaking their long streak without a league trophy. Which team did Cruz Azul defeat on 1997 to win a title?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stuthehistoryguy
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.