Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first freight cars were made and used (on railroads) about what year?
2. What was the first major addition to freight-car construction?
3. What feature of later American freight cars was something never seen before on British freight cars?
4. True or false: Freight cars were originally constructed from iron, but they changed it to wood when they discovered it was cheaper.
5. What is the average length of a modern boxcar?
6. The next several questions are about a cars' reporting marks. Here's the first: What does LT.WT. on a car mean?
7. A Plate C notation indicates that the car is too big for some services.
8. The mark "TA" on a freight car indicates that it is a:
9. Buckeye-style freight car trucks are notable for what feature?
10. The average freight car earns about how many dollars a month for the operating company?
Source: Author StarWarsBuff
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.