Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which day(s) is/are traditionally celebrated as the 1st Day of Christmas?
2. Hey, wait a minute! Partridges are ground dwelling birds. This one must have gotten into the pear tree because in French, "partridge" is "perdrix".
3. What is the partridge sitting in the pear tree in your corner looking to eat?
4. Ornithologists list 44 distinctive types of partridge within the species. Which of the following is not one of the listed types?
5. In cooking your Christmas partridge, the practice of adding fat to it for roasting to increase its tenderness and moisture is known as what?
6. Each year on the planet True Loves have their pick of four and a third million acres of pear trees in order to select the very best gift for the First Day of Christmas. Fifty six percent of those trees are in what country?
7. On the First Night of Christmas, to thank your True Love, you prepare a sweet dessert of pears, chocolate and vanilla ice cream that is known in haute cuisine as what?
8. PNC Financial Services Group annually prepare a CPI - "Christmas Price Index" by calculating the cost of the items in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas". In 2007, what was significant about partridge and pear tree prices?
9. "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a Partridge on the BBC!" What Steve Coogan character starred in a 1995 Christmas Special that spoofed British television talk shows?
10. In the popular carol associated with December 26th, Good King Wenceslas and his page go out in the wintry night to give alms to the poor. According to the legend, what miracle is associated with this good deed?
Source: Author sidnobls
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.