Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Starting off at the Central Bus Station in Cardiff City Centre, walk north up Westgate Street for two or three minutes, you'll see a famous sporting venue built in 1999. What is it?
2. Continue walking north up Westgate Street, turn right at the top of the road, and you'll see a massive structure in front of you, some of it dating back to Roman times. What is it?
3. Continue northward, up North Road - and you'll soon pass the "Alma Mater" of one of Wales' most popular contemporary stars. Where was Sir Anthony Hopkins educated?
4. Carry on up North Road, and a mile or so later, you'll see a sports complex which hosted numerous events at a famous sports festival. What event do we primarily associate with Maindy Stadium?
5. Carry on for another 2-3 minutes travelling north, and another large complex will appear on your right. A very important building for the people of Cardiff - what is it?
6. Just beyond the Heath, you'll start to see some hills appearing - and if you look closely, you'll see something that looks as if it's popped up straight out of the pages of a fairy story - what can you see?
7. Turn west, pass through Whitchurch, and then turn south and pass through another village, cross the Taff at Glantaf School (where the actor Ioan Gruffudd and TV Presenter Gethin Jones were educated), and you'll come to the Welsh HQ of a famous British institution. Whose HQ are you looking at?
8. Heading back towards the city centre, you'll very quickly see a large spire dominating the horizon. To which edifice does this spire belong ?
9. Carry on to Canton, and you'll come across the original home of the Capital City's Football (soccer) team, Cardiff City. What is the name of the ground that they occupied in 1910?
10. Heading back to the City Centre, we're almost back to where we started, but one last sporting stop. Within sight of our first destination, we walk up the banks of the Taff a short while, pass the Welsh Institute of Sport, and the excellent "Mochyn Du" pub, and we come to the SWALEC Stadium. What sport is played there?
Source: Author Huw27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.