Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. With which natural phenomenon are foxes associated in northern Finland?
2. In African-American folklore, Br'er Fox is one of the many enemies of Br'er Rabbit. Which animal often accompanies him as his sidekick?
3. Which Sumerian fertility goddess, also known as Damgalnuna, was associated with foxes and used them as messengers?
4. According to Irish myth, what do foxes often disguise themselves as?
5. Foxes feature in the folklore of many Native American nations. What colour is Kwahn, the fox spirit who appears in Achumawi, Atsugewi and Miwok folklore, and acts as a partner to the trickster Coyote?
6. Which of these Chinese mythical creatures is a fox spirit, often depicted as having nine tails?
7. 'Giovannuzza the Fox' is an Italian folk tale about a very clever vixen. To which folk tale is it most similar?
8. Which African fox species appears in the folklore of the Dogon people of Mali, where it acts as a messenger from the gods?
9. In Greek mythology, Dionysus sent the Teumessian Fox to Thebes, to kill and eat the children there. The fox was a giant beast that could not be caught - at least, in theory. Which dog did the general Amphitryon use to catch the Teumessian Fox?
10. One of the most famous Japanese mythical creatures is the kitsune, a fox with multiple tails. While some kitsune can be friendly, others are downright evil. Which legendary Japanese courtesan was said to be a wicked fox spirit in disguise?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.