Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Agatha Christie dedicated her 1969 novel, "Hallowe'en Party", to which other author, the creator of the character Jeeves?
2. In Shakespeare's "Macbeth", what is the "spot" that Lady Macbeth imagines is on her hands when she utters the line "out, damned spot!"?
3. Robert R. McCammon wrote the novel "They Thirst" in 1981 about what type of supernatural creatures?
4. What well known author, who wrote several moving stories set in Depression era USA, also authored "The Red Pony"?
5. In which Shakespearean play does the title character bake a woman's sons into a pie and then feed her the pie?
6. The author of "Harry Potter", a very popular book series for kids, is commonly known as J.K. Rowling. What do the J. and the K. stand for?
7. Which book by Dickens is partly narrated by Esther Summerson, who is engaged to the owner of this unappetisingly-titled property?
8. When a middle-aged farm couple decides to adopt a boy, they get the surprise of their lives when they receive a plucky young girl instead. This is the plot description of which early twentieth century novel?
9. I'm Matilda, the heroine of the story 'Matilda' written by Roald Dahl. My father is a dishonest car dealer who cheats people. The headmistress of my school is Mrs. Trunchbull. What is my surname?
10. What do the novels "Catch-22", "Slaughterhouse Five" and "From Here To Eternity" have in common?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.