Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. December 15, 1025 CE: Basil II, Emperor of Byzantium dies. His nickname refers to a neighbouring people which he eventually managed to subjugate. What is that nickname?
2. June 10, 1190 CE: Frederick I Barbarossa, one of the leaders of the Third Crusade, dies on his way to the Holy Land. How did he die?
3. June 21, 1205 CE: Enrico Dandolo dies. He was the Doge of Venice, over 95 years old and completely blind. Only one year earlier he had played a leading role in the conquest of which famous city?
4. September 21, 1327 CE: Edward II, the former King of England was murdered. According to popular myth, how was he murdered?
5. March 27, 1482 CE: Mary of Burgundy dies. She was the heiress to the Burgundian domains in France and the Low Countries. How did she die?
6. July 10, 1584 CE: who is killed in Delft (The Netherlands) by Balthasar Gérard?
7. January 22, 1666 CE: the builder of one of the most beautiful mausoleums dies. He was interred in his own creation alongside his third wife, Mumtaz, in whose memory he had the mausoleum built. It is considered one of the seven modern wonders of the world. Who is this builder who was also emperor of the Mughal empire from 1627 till 1658 CE?
8. July 13, 1793 CE: Jean-Paul Marat is murdered by Charlotte Corday. Where was he at the time of his murder?
9. January 30, 1889 CE: who is found dead in his hunting lodge Mayerling, together with his mistress Mary Vetsera?
10. April 28, 1945 CE: fascist dictator Benito Mussolini is executed by partisans. What did they do with his body?
Source: Author AlonsoKing
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.