Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who opened the Liverpool John Lennon Airport?
2. Greek philosopher and polymath Aristotle is one of the most prominent figures in Western culture. In which historic Greek region, which became the centre of an empire, did he spend about seven years of his life?
3. In 1992, Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino were assassinated by the Mafia in Palermo, the capital of Sicily. What was these two unlucky gentlemen's profession?
4. Prior to the papacy, Pope John Paul II served as archbishop of which Polish city?
5. Which composer, born in the Donetsk Oblast in what is now Ukraine, wrote the symphonic fairy tale "Peter and the Wolf"?
6. Which Portuguese footballer, who captained the National team for the first time in 2007, and won his first Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball) in 2008, was named Forbes 2016's highest-paid athlete of the year?
7. Which French aviator, who is credited with finding a way to successfully shoot a gun from a propeller aircraft, had a sporting stadium named after him?
8. Emperor Haile Selassie awarded which Queen of Spain the "Order of the Queen of Sheba" in 1973?
9. Which Nobel Peace Prize winner was Chancellor of West Germany from 1969 to 1974?
10. Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543) was a polyglot and polymath who was known for many achievements, particularly his theory of heliocentrism. For which one of these roles what he *NOT* known?
Source: Author LadyNym
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.