Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What does the Hebrew name Obadiah mean?
2. Which of the following is a true fact about the Book of Obadiah?
3. Obadiah himself falls into which category of biblical figure?
4. Obadiah's prophecy concerns the fate of the Edomites, or the people of Edom. Where would you have found the Biblical land of Edom?
5. According to the Bible, from whom were the Edomites believed to have been descended? He was one of the twin sons of Isaac and Rebecca.
6. According to Obadiah, for what somewhat egotistical sin does God particularly criticise the Edomites?
7. In Verse 4 of the Book of Obadiah, to what high-living bird are the Edomites accused of comparing themselves?
8. Paraphrasing verses 11-14, of what ungrateful act are the Edomites accused?
9. In the words of the King James Bible, verse 9 of Obadiah says that "the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame." But what will the house of Esau be? Hint: the word usually refers to what is left after a field of grain has been harvested.
10. The final verse of Obadiah states that "saviours will come up on Mount..." what? As well as a specific hill just outside Jerusalem, the word is sometimes used to stand for both Jerusalem and the whole Jewish nation.
Source: Author stedman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.