Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which saintly woman is usually represented with a wheel and is considered to be the patron saint of philosophers?
2. Which saintly youth was whipped to death after arrows had failed to finish him off?
3. Which of these is the saint who is traditionally represented with a piglet as his companion?
4. Which of these saints is traditionally dressed up in a red chasuble and with a sword through his mitre, both details symbolizing his martyrdom while attending a liturgical celebration?
5. Which of these is the Irish-born founder of the Abbey of Clonfert and is called the Navigator and usually represented with a ship, because of his most fantastic voyage?
6. He was a Bohemian in the strict sense of the word and you meet him all across Europe, standing on and protecting bridges. Who is he?
7. Which saint is most often represented with a raven who brings him bread because he was in danger of being poisoned by the food his fellow monks gave him?
8. Which of these saints is often represented with a handful of stones in arms?
9. The French even have a saint of their own who was not just a saviour of people, but a saviour of France and of the French monarchy. Who was that saint that was burned at the stake?
10. False or true: the Dutch even have a woman saint whom they represent with a pair of skates.
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.