Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Swedish tennis player won five consecutive Wimbledon singles titles?
2. In which of these well-known sports is the ball often called a "pigskin"?
3. In which state is the first leg of the thoroughbred horse racing Triple Crown held?
4. Over 500 marathons are run each year in the world. Where did the tradition start?
5. GOLF: Which of professional golf's four MAJOR annual events is contested at the same location each year?
6. In September, 1944 the U.S. Army played the Navy in a famous series of eleven games held in Hawaii, that featured such players as Johnny Vander Meer, Virgil Trucks, and Pee Wee Reese. The two branches of the military faced off in which sport?
7. TENNIS: Which Asian-American tennis player won the 1989 French Open at the age of 17 years and 4 months, thus establishing a new record as the youngest man to win a Grand Slam singles title?
8. NFL - former Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano (2008-2011) was always seen wearing sunglasses, even at night. Why was this?
9. CURLING - This is a favorite sport in Canada using stones or rocks to score points. What name is given to the final rock that is thrown in the game?
10. Legendary race horse Affirmed was a Triple Crown winner. Which year did he win it?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.