Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Not particularly closely related to the giant panda is the lesser panda, featuring russet-coloured fur. Which of the following is its colourful name?
2. With a Maori name of hoiho, which island nation is the yellow-eyed penguin endemic to?
3. The blue-tongued skink has ... (you've guessed it) ... a blue tongue. Why?
4. To which of the following animals is the domestic dog most closely related?
5. What kind of creature is a purple-spotted swallowtail?
6. This animal appears in Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book" as Tabaqui and has been cross-bred with huskies to produce cold-tolerant sniffer dogs for the Russian airline Aeroflot. What is the name of this golden wolf-like animal?
7. Where are you likely to find a southern black racer, a type of Coluber constrictor snake?
8. The green-lipped mussel is an important export industry for New Zealand. Which unpredictable method is used to supply the industry with the majority of its new spat (mussel seed) each year?
9. What type of passerine animal is a silvereye, also known as a wax-eye?
10. In which oceans are great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias) typically found?
Source: Author suomy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.