Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. While some of these fish are considered ornamental, others can grow to a huge size, with the largest on record reaching 330 pounds. Name the fish!
2. Found in Africa, in the Hausa language this fish, weighing in at 440 pounds, is called "giwan ruwa", which means water elephant. Name the fish!
3. Commonly known as Russian salmon, this fish can live as long as fifty-five years; the largest size ever recorded was 231 pounds. Name the fish!
4. While there are several species of this fish, the one found in the Mekong River can weigh over seven hundred pounds. Name the fish!
5. This fish has been on earth for a long time with few physical changes. Sometimes called the "primitive fish", the Chinese species can weigh in at more than 1,100 pounds. Name the fish!
6. Weighing in at almost seven hundred pounds, this aggressive, cartilaginous fish feels comfortable in both fresh and saltwater. Name the fish!
7. Considered to be the largest freshwater fish of North America, the largest of this species on record weighed 1,100 pounds. Name the fish!
8. With its two rows of teeth and propensity toward ambushing its prey, this 327 pound fish may appear to be dangerous to humans, but there is no record of an attack. Name the fish!
9. Another cartilaginous fish, this fellow can be dangerous. Most have at least one poisonous barb on the tail, which is used in self-defense. Difficult to weigh, the largest one found was estimated at a whopping 600-800 pounds. Name the fish!
10. While living to be as old as one hundred, members of this species grow to enormous sizes in the Black and Caspian Seas; females are valued for their roe. Weighing in at over 3,400 pounds, name the fish!
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.