Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How does an electric eel use its powerful shocks?
2. Shown on the former currency of Zimbabwe, this ferocious fish is found in many African waters including the Congo River and Lake Tanganyika. Interestingly, its namesake is found on the continent of Asia. Name the fish.
3. Found in the waters of the Kali River in India and Nepal, to what family of fish does the goonch fish belong?
4. That is not a rock! There is a lot of discussion regarding whether the poison from this fish kills an individual or if the pain from the sting does. Name this fish!
5. Which fish, who looks more like a reptile, can live on land for as long as four days as long as it is wet?
6. What nickname does the fish "Vandellia cirrhosa", from the Amazon and Orinoco Basins, have that is based on the legend about its need for human blood?
7. Although this fish looks rather innocuous in the picture, it is said that this sharp-toothed native of the Amazon and Orinoco Basins is a carnivore. Watch out for which fish?
8. Which fish, believed to be the most poisonous in the world, is considered a delicacy in some Asian countries?
9. What is the common name for "Pterois", an aggressive fish that lives in the Indian and Pacific Oceans? Don't get too close to its fin rays. The sting can make a person roaring uncomfortable!
10. Also called the "Dracula fish", which native of the Amazon Basin is a popular sport fish because of its impressive fight when hooked?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.