Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Monasteries in the 18th century stored corn, protected from vermin by cats. Who kept cats as pets on these premises?
2. The ancient Pawnee Native Americans envisioned which big cat beside the "One Above", as a guard for the Evening Star?
3. Both cats and snakes were cursed, according to ancient Buddhists, because they failed to do what when Buddha died?
4. Which ancient warring group carried cats, valued strictly as working animals, with them from Gaul to Britain?
5. Pope Innocent VIII of 15th century England had many cats burned, along with what?
6. Cats in medieval Japan guarded the silk farms. But they abandoned the farms for warm and cozy homes. Who ordered them back out?
7. Cats gained a favorable place in the new world due to their contribution to which important journey, in 1620?
8. Cats pre-date humans, and are all derived from the ancient Dinictis. The Ice Age favored these small, fast cats over which giant?
9. In ancient Egypt cats gained mystical status. Royal households honored their cats in death by what?
10. When the 1707 black plague spread from Germany to England, cats were heartily welcomed among humans, especially where?
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.