Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. For her first baking entry Veronica will try to wow the judges with something refreshing, delicious and pretty. She bakes some moist and crumbly biscuit, then tops it with whipped cream and a dash of vanilla. Which sugar-soaked fruit with seeds on its outside sweetens this favorite?
2. This time Veronica will display patriotism for the baking contest judges. She mixes up a pie crust, fills it with a popular pome, and designs stars and stripes of dough to crust the top. She bakes it in the oven until it's golden brown. She knows this dessert is a winner, because it's as American as what?
3. Veronica recalls a baked good she saw formed into elaborate animal designs, displayed in bakery windows all over Europe. She'll need a solid right jab, and yeast, because what ancient, worldwide and daily food likes to be punched?
4. Although Veronica could steam, saute, stir-fry or grill nutritious and beautiful vegetables for the baking contest, she's going to bake chickpeas with yogurt, cilantro, and curry. Which culture famously uses curry?
5. The baking contest judges will say "Laissez les bons temps rouler" over this special festival cake! After it's baked, Veronica will hide a token coin or a plastic baby inside. What sovereign cake is Veronica going to humbly submit?
6. Veronica believes an Italian dish of enticing aroma will get her a baking contest ribbon. She uses long, coiled tubes of pasta. Provide the Italian name for these, which identifies it as corkscrew, and hollow.
7. Undaunted in her pursuit of the baking contest win, Veronica will present an organic and nutritious baked dish. She orders this main dish wild from Alaska, because which running and colorful fish offers beauty, taste and healthy omega-3 fatty acids?
8. The baking competition is so stiff, Veronica will go with something unique. She'll enter a baked butternut squash from the Native American tradition, using a mud and straw adobe outdoor oven. An oven like this is often called by which Spanish name?
9. The baking contest demands even more inventive entries, so Veronica is going to knock their socks off with the seemingly impossible. She'll put cold ice cream into a hot oven! What is this incredible dish called?
10. How about sweet and simple to win a baking contest? Veronica makes the dough for a favorite standby cookie, but in a new style created by Dominique Ansel. The judges will be able to eat AND drink it. What yummy dessert will Veronica enter, that might be heard around the world?
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.