Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Young Monica has written a letter to Santa. She really wants a pony, but has accepted that she will probably get a model horse for her collection, not the live one of her dreams. Change one letter of the word JOY to write another word that can describe the horse she expects to get.
2. Iris was distraught when she saw that someone was giving her a present in a blue box. "Blue isn't for girls!", she wailed. Change a letter of your last answer to describe what she perceives as the appropriate recipient of a gift in a blue box.
3. A good way to keep the children busy in the days leading up to Christmas is to set them the task of wrapping their presents for the rest of the family. Change one letter of your last answer to get a word for a common decoration used when wrapping Christmas gifts.
4. While the children are occupied with wrapping, it's time to get the yard ready for the family gathering. Since Australians celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer, we plan to be outside for a large part of the day, and the grass needs some attention. Change one letter of your last answer to find what I told my husband he had to do while I was pulling weeds in the flowerbeds.
5. An outburst of noise from inside the house means we have to stop our yard work and go sort things out. Fortunately, the squabbling children haven't reached the point shown here, and settle down again to finish their wrapping. Change one letter in your last answer to create a word describing a minor altercation.
6. Over lunch, the family conversation turns to the food planned for the big Christmas celebration. The forecast is for a stinking hot day, so I propose that we have a range of salads rather than cooking traditional roast vegetables. Salads are often made from uncooked vegetables. Change one letter of your last answer to make a word describing how the vegetables in a salad can be presented.
7. With all the gift wrapping complete, the children need another activity to distract them. A nice game of Farmer in the Dell gets under way, with everyone singing loudly to let off excess energy. The lyrics of this game vary around the world, but you can change one letter of the last answer to find the animal that takes the cheese in our household.
8. To make sure the children (young and old) of the extended family can have their traditional game of backyard cricket on Christmas afternoon, we gather up all the necessary equipment and make sure it is in good order. Change one letter of your last answer to find the name of the essential piece of equipment shown here.
9. It's been such a hot day that we decide to go down to the beach for a cooling dip before bedtime. Change one letter of your last answer to find another word to describe the cove where we are headed.
10. After a restless night's sleep, the children are up at dawn to greet Christmas. Another term for dawn is "the break of _____". Change one letter of your last answer to fill in the blank, and join the Christmas fun.
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.