Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 1981 was a big year for this talented actor. He starred as Charles Ryder in the television series "Brideshead Revisited" and that same year played opposite Meryl Streep in "The French Lieutenant's Woman". He won an Oscar in 1990 for his portrayal of real-life accused murderer Claus Von Bulow. Who is he?
2. After making his film debut in the title role in "Billy Budd" in 1962, he played the dashing Sergeant Troy in the 1967 film adaptation of the Thomas Hardy novel "Far From the Madding Crowd" with Julie Christie. Who is this handsome actor?
3. The wonderful, one-and-only Cary Grant was never nominated for an Academy Award.
4. Sid Vicious, Joe Orton, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dracula...these are all roles played by our next British actor. In addition, he played a character called Sirius Black in an very popular series of films. Who is he?
5. It was a surprise to learn that this actor was not actually British, but Lithuanian. His big break came in 1959, when he appeared in "Room at the Top" with Simone Signoret. He followed with what is probably his most famous role, in 1962's "The Manchurian Candidate". What is the name of this actor?
6. He made his first important film appearance in "Maurice" in 1987, and went on to star as Daniel Cleaver in 2001's "Bridget Jones's Diary" and the 2004 sequel "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason". This handsome actor has made his career playing romantic roles, opposite Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock and many other divine leading ladies. Who is he?
7. This debonair actor appeared in many films; over a hundred in fact. If I mention the name Addison DeWitt, would that be a giveaway? He won an Oscar for that role. Okay, one more clue-he married two Gabor sisters. He was a fine actor - can you name him?
8. He starred in many films in a career that lasted over forty years, until his death in 2003. He charmed audiences in the 1966 hit "Georgy Girl", played opposite Jill Clayburgh in "An Unmarried Woman" and Glenda Jackson in "Women in Love" in 1969. What is the name of this handsome actor.
9. This Academy Award-winning actor is one of the most gifted appearing in films. My favorite: his touching performance as Newland Archer in the 1993 film "The Age of Innocence". He was Hawkeye in "Last of the Mohicans" in 1992, and won an Oscar for his performance as a real-life quadriplegic painter. Who's the actor?
10. He has often been called the finest actor of all time. He appeared in theater and in films for over fifty years, was considered to be among the greatest Shakespearean actors, starred in many fine movies, and won an Academy Award for his portrayal of Hamlet. Name this magnificent actor.
Source: Author robbieh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.