Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This happy guy is a beluga whale. Beluga whales live in the cold waters of the Arctic Ocean. They love to play, and one of their unique hobbies is to create floating round shapes by blowing air from their mouths and their blow holes. What do we call this hobby?
2. Koalas live in Australia and love to eat eucalyptus tree leaves. However, there is something a koala loves to do more than eat and may spend as much as 22 hours a day doing this activity. What hobby is the koala the world champion at doing?
3. The Japanese macaque is a small monkey that lives in the cold mountain regions of Japan. To keep warm, these smart animals like to take a relaxing bath in what type of water?
4. This cute fellow is a bloodhound. He is a champion at smelling. Bloodhounds have as many as 300 million smell receptors or more than 40 times that of most humans. In what outdoor activity would the bloodhound's sensitive nose be of most help?
5. The busy beaver likes to build its home near rivers. To help them hide from predators, they build dams. The dam forms a pool of water where the beaver can relax and enjoy what fun hobby?
6. Elephants are the largest and strongest land animal in the world. However, because of their size elephants are one of the few animals that cannot jump in the air. If an elephant competed in the Olympic Games what sport do you think they would be best at?
7. The African grey parrot is a real chatterbox. The grey parrot can learn and repeat many words and phrases. Since the parrot can speak a lot of words, what hobby might be of interest to the gray parrot?
8. The cheetah can run as fast as 70 mph (113 kph). However, the large cat can only maintain that speed for about 20 seconds. What type of foot race would you suggest is the best hobby for our friend the cheetah?
9. Look really closely at this picture, and you will see a leopard chameleon. Many chameleons can change their coloring to blend into their environment. I bet they are really hard to locate when they play this popular game!
10. The mountain goat has specialized hooves that spread wide for stability and a soft inner pad to help grip slippery rocks. Naturally, the top hobby for these animals might be what outdoor activity?
Source: Author adam36
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.