Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the top of many people's lists of resolutions is to lose weight. Of the following choices, what is the BEST way to try and reduce your weight?
2. The desire to find a special someone and share in a loving relationship is a laudable goal and often the subject of a New Year's resolution. Which of these approaches is generally considered by relationship experts to be the LEAST effective way of achieving this goal?
3. You want to improve your health and fitness level. In order to succeed in this goal you must join a fitness center and commit to working out five days a week.
4. You want to increase your satisfaction with your career and increase your earning potential. Which of these New Year's resolutions is LEAST likely to produce a satisfied result?
5. A vague but popular New Year's resolution is to be "a better person". Which of these more specific goals has the BEST chance of helping you achieve this resolution?
6. You resolve to stop smoking in the New Year. That is a wonderful goal. Your method of achieving this goal is to throw away your cigarettes and never smoke again. What is the two-word phrase for this type of approach to stopping a habit?
7. For many people, New Year's resolutions center on improving their finances. Often this is easier said than done. Which of the following financial decisions gives you the BEST chance of succeeding in your goal?
8. The making of New Year resolutions is not a modern phenomenon. Romans started their new year by making promises to their God of beginnings and transitions. What Roman deity, for whom a month of the year is named, did ancient Romans pledge to make their improvements?
9. One of the most popular New Year resolutions is to reduce stress. Like many self-improvement goals, it is often hard to accomplish. Which of the following life changes would likely NOT help in reducing stress?
10. You have made your New Year's resolutions and have every intention of sticking to your goals. No matter the goal not everyone succeeds in fulfilling their resolutions. Based on US statistical data, what percentage of people successfully achieve their New Year's resolutions?
Source: Author adam36
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.