Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A green rooster with a red cock's comb, yellow beak and multicoloured tail has appeared on boxes of Kellogg's Corn Flakes since 1957. What is his name?
2. In "Looney Tunes", "Merrie Melodies" cartoons, movies, on television and in advertisements, who was the loud, brash, overbearing, blustery rooster with the Southern American accent?
3. Which of the following does not use a rooster as its symbol: The athletic teams of the University of South Carolina, the Fighting Cock brand of bourbon, the English Premiership team in Hotspur, and a Brazilian SUV-type automobile?
4. From what country did Panchito Pistoles in the Walt Disney cartoons come?
5. In an old folk tale, recorded by the Brothers Grimm, much adapted to many media, a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster run away to become musicians in which European city?
6. Edmond Rostand (1868-1918) wrote a verse play called "Chantecler" in 1902. It was (broadly) adapted into which live-action-animated movie made in Ireland and America in 1991?
7. In the 1973 Walt Disney adaptation of "Robin Hood," which of the Merry Men was played by a rooster?
8. Where do the Roosters professional rugby team call home?
9. In the American television series "Family Guy," who is the galline character with whom Peter Griffin gets into protracted fights near unto death?
10. In which fictional universe does the inventor Gyro Gearloose appear?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.