Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There are several small towns and villages around the Achensee. Which one of these is actually on the lake shore?
2. One of the best ways to see the lake is to walk around it. How far is it?
3. What is housed inside the glass pyramid near the lake shore in Pertisau?
4. There have been passenger boats on the lake since 1887. What form of propulsion was used for the first boat on the service?
5. The steam railway has been running since 1889 and is the one of the oldest cog railways in the world. How many of the original locomotives were still operating a hundred years later?
6. The steam railway runs from Jenbach in the Inntal to Seespitz on the Achensee. At which station, on the journey up to the lake, does the engine start pulling the train?
7. Which of these museums tells the story of a local saint?
8. The Karwendel Bergbahn is a cable car which takes visitors up into the mountains above Pertisau. Which of these places is nearest to its top station?
9. About three kilometres west of Jenbach is the Schloss Tratzberg. When did the castle come into the possession of the Enzenberg family?
10. Jenbach station is remarkable because there are railways of three different gauges running to or through it. Apart from the Achensee, what other destination is regularly served by steam trains?
Source: Author Lottie1001
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.