Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the capital of the non-Slavic speaking nation bordered by Romania on the east and by Austria on the west?
2. Moldova is the second smallest of all of the former Soviet Republics.
What is its capital?
3. Skopje (called Skupi, by the Romans) is the capital of what former republic of Yugoslavia?
4. This Eastern European capital has a population of 1.2+ million. It includes 24 administrative and territorial districts and 34 mayor-led councils. The area has been populated since the 7th century BC. What is the city?
5. This city is noted for its architecture. Its castles include Vysehrad, Belvedere, and Troja. It is home to 1.2+ million. What city is it?
6. At the crossroads of Europe and Asia lies Armenia. What is the name of its capital?
7. What is the capital city that is home to the large international air-carrier, LOT?
8. This city is the capital of the nation which is at the heart of Europe where the Alps and the Mediterranean join the Pannonian plains and the limestone region known as the Karst. What is the city?
9. Name the capital of the nation where the official language has two distinct dialects, Gheg and Tosk.
10. Air Baltic is based in what Eastern European capital?
11. Bratislava is the capital of which country?
12. Timisoara, Iasi, Craiova and Cluj-Napoca are all major cities in this Eastern European nation. What is the capital and largest city in this nation?
13. Which capital does not belong out of the four choices below?
14. Which of these capitals is home to Alexander Nevski Cathedral?
15. What Eastern capital hosted the Winter Olympics during the 1980's?
Source: Author JamesLake
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.