Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In terms of plate tectonics, what geological process is occurring underneath the Himalayas? (both in the past and right now)?
2. The process of erosion has two primary components: Weathering and __________?
3. Dryland salinity, resulting from the deposition of salt crystals on the earth's surface, is caused by a rise in the height of the __________?
4. The majority of ozone depletion occurs in which layer of the atmosphere?
5. The seasonal downpour of torrential rain that annually moistens the equatorial and tropical zones of the earth is known as the ________?
6. Although prominent in the USA, these climatic phenomena occur all over the world. The destructive funnel of air that can form from severe storm cells I am describing is a _________.
7. The formation of algal blooms in waterways is a result of agro-chemicals running off into natural stream and river systems. This process of algal bloom formation from chemical input is known as ________?
8. A leading cause of unemployment and lack of services in rural areas is a migration of people and capital towards large cities. This migration is known as ________?
9. In the theory of the Global Warming, a major worldwide consequence recognised is the melting of _________?
10. As well as depleting the earth's resources at an astounding rate, which affects the ability of future generations to survive, the large-scale exploitation of fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural gas) leads to ________?
Source: Author jesterhat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.