Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Whose division was allocated the the vulnurable right of the ridge of Mont St Jean, which included the defence of Chateau Hougoumont?
2. Which of the following were NOT amongst the initial defenders of Hougoumont?
3. Who wrote the following? "The trumpet sounds, the banners fly, The gittering spears are ranked and ready, The shouts of war are heard afar, The battle closes thick and bloody."
4. Approximately how many French troops were sucked into the struggle for Hougoumont?
5. Used against d'Erlon's attack, the Rocket Troop was commanded by who?
6. Who captured the Eagle of the 45th (Marcognet's Division)?
7. Who was initially despatched with 8,000 troops to deal with the arrival of the Prussians on Napoleon's eastern flank?
8. Prior to the battle on the 7th March, at the Congress of Vienna, who said to Wellington: "It is for you to save the world again."
9. Which Hanoverian cavalry unit 'quit' the field after coming under artillery fire during the assault on La Haie Sainte?
10. 'La Garde Recule'. Which British infantry unit commanded by Col Colbourne, wheeled so as to rake the flank of the advancing 4th Chasseurs of the Garde?
Source: Author Ajax23
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.