Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What King chartered the Virginia Company in 1606?
2. Who was the leader of the Jamestown colony?
3. Pocahontas was the name given to her by the settlers, what was her real name?
4. What colonial town did Nathaniel Bacon burn to the ground?
5. What system allowed English citizens to cross the Atlantic Ocean free of charge, but in return, they had to provide their master with an agreed number of years of service?
6. He was a separatist, the founder of Providence, RI, and he thought it was a sin to take land from the Indians. He also did not support enforced religion. Who is this man who is considered to be the first American Democrat?
7. What was the original name of New York City before it was taken by the English in 1664?
8. What did the Toleration Act of 1649 guarantee?
9. This lady was exiled out of her own colony because she criticized sermons and because she said that she was in direct contact with God.
10. Who invented the original Disney figures?
11. What event took place after people grew discontented with religion?
12. What was the first agency of colonial supervision called?
13. What laws were designed to ensure a monopoly of trade, the first one being passed in 1651?
14. What was one of the most profitable goods from Barbados?
15. After the Boston Tea Party, Boston harbor was closed to all commerce until the Bostonians did what?
16. What was the French-Indian War called in Europe?
17. In the Treaty of Paris (1763), which country gained Cuba, New Orleans, and the land west of the Mississippi River?
18. Who was sent to represent the Ohio Company that warned the French that they were on Ohio territory?
19. The Proclamation Act of 1763 favored which group of people?
20. How many men were killed in the Boston Massacre?
Source: Author snnddrksn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.