Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the ancient world Tunis was associated with which city-state that "must be destroyed"?
2. During which war was Tunis sacked and destroyed by the Romans in 146 B.C.?
3. Tunis was refounded as a predominately Arab city in the early 8th century AD by General Hasan ibn al-Nu'man. That was actually his second attempt to take the city, having lost in battle once before to which Berber queen?
4. Which of the following best describes the situation in Tunis following its founding as an Arab city in the 10th and 11th centuries?
5. In around 1270, which of the following groups of people did NOT arrive in Tunis?
6. Other than the fact that Ottomans took complete control over Tunis, why was the 1574 Conquest of Tunis important?
7. Under Ottoman control, Tunis began to flourish economically. What brought Tunis such prosperity during this time?
8. In 1756, Tunis was captured yet again by a foreign power. Which foreign power gained control of the city this time?
9. Which of the following is true in regards to Tunis' status during World War II?
10. Who was Mohamed Bouazizi who died in 2011 in the neighborhood of Ben Arous?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.