Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Brown eggs are better for you than white ones.
2. The 21st century hen lays larger eggs than her ancestors, but what other difference, if any, is there with the egg itself?
3. What would have been the preferred cooking method of eggs in the European Middle Ages?
4. In which way were eggs used as part of French wedding ritual in times past?
5. Is this recipe genuine? - 'Mix equal proportions olive oil and Turkish coffee. Put in this mixture as many eggs as requested, in their shells, and cook them on a very slow fire for twelve hours.'
6. Which of the following vitamins is not present in an egg?
7. The stringy part of the white is there for a reason - what is that reason?
8. Which ancient civilization believed that the earth and heavens were two halves of a huge egg?
9. You can tell that an egg is old if it floats in a bowl of water.
10. What can you do with the shell after you have eaten the egg?
Source: Author ArleneRimmer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.