Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which sponge cake is named after a city in Italy?
2. Which Sicilian cake comes from the latin word for buccella or "mouthful"?
3. Which of these tortes was named after a Hungarian Prince?
4. Which French cake's name literally means "thousand sheets" in English?
5. The Swedish cake Kladdkaka is delicious. In what condition should the centre be when removed from the oven?
6. The traditional Viennese cake, Sachertorte, was created by whom?
7. Which English cake is pink, yellow and covered with marzipan?
8. American inventor H. David Dalquist patented the design for which cake tin?
9. Which of the following is an Italian loaf cake, especially popular at Christmas?
10. Which dessert cake originated from Dax in the south west of France?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.