Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It takes lye/caustic to make soap.
2. When your only oil in your homemade soap is olive oil, what kind of soap are you making?
3. When mixing your lye/caustic with your liquid, how should it be done so as to minimize the chances of burn?
4. If you do not cure your finished Cold Process soap long enough, what might happen?
5. Shea Butter is a popular product for soapmaking. It can even be used directly on the skin. From what nut is Shea Butter made?
6. Coconut Oil is a common base or fixed oil used in soapmaking. It is extracted from the dried inner flesh of the coconut, ie the copra. Coconut Oil 76 is solid at room temperature.
7. You need proper equipment to make soap safely. Which of the following is something you should use when soaping?
8. Which of the following ingredients would you NOT want to use in a soap you are making for a vegan or vegetarian friend?
9. Never make soap in an aluminum pot.
10. There are several soapmaking methods. Which one below is not one of them?
Source: Author Janeite
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.