Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What two countries are referenced in the acronym ANZAC?
2. Where would one be likely purchase a BMW?
3. Graphic artists and printers often refer to the colour model known as CMYK. The name of what colour is NOT found in this acronym?
4. In the United States, a potent government group dedicated to the enforcement of laws related to controlled substances is the DEA. For what does the "A" stand in this acronym?
5. The famed Walt Disney dreamed of a utopian city that he entitled EPCOT. What "E" word completes the acronym of ________________ Prototype Community Of Tomorrow?
6. For what profession is the acronym FORTRAN of significance?
7. Many people use GPS technology as a navigation tool. What is the "G" in GPS?
8. A student of geography might use the acronym HOMES as a device to remember what?
9. What food is a hungry diner likely to order off the menu at IHOP?
10. What country lends its name to the electronics giant JVC?
11. What did the acronym K.I.T.T. stand for in the original "Knight Rider" series?
12. What word is common to both the acronyms LASER and LED?
13. The acronym MRI stands for Magnetic Resonance Imaging. True or False?
14. Of the following, which is the correct listing for the acronym NCIS?
15. Everyone knows the cartel OPEC, right? Do you know what the letter "O' represents in this familiar acronym?
16. When filling up the tires on one's car with air, which measurement acronym would be of interest?
17. Which of the following acronyms represents Australia's largest airline?
18. What language is the origin of the acronym R.S.V.P, literally translated as "respond if you please"?
19. The navigation tool Sonar is an acronym. What word correctly fills in the blank for Sonar - sound navigation and ______________ ?
20. In boxing or mixed martial arts what word separates the acronyms KO and TKO?
21. What classification of people is found in the acronym UNICEF?
22. Which Christian movement is referenced in the acronym WASP?
23. One of the few acronyms in popular culture that includes the twenty-fourth letter of the alphabet is BMX. What does this sports-related acronym stand for?
24. What does the letter "U" typically stand for in the acronym Yuppie?
25. The United States post office uses a five digit scheme to individual delivery stations in metropolitan areas called a ZIP Code. What does the "Z" stand for in this acronym?
Source: Author BRY2K
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.