Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You are touring Italy and visit the town of Ferrara. Whose home, known in crossword puzzles as "Italian ruling family", could you look in on?
2. You and your sons are visiting the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. You are in front of the plaque of a great player inducted in 1951. You could tell your son a lot about this player if you worked crossword puzzles. Who is this "Little Giant?"
3. You are asked by a friend to go to the opera. You are given a choice of 4 operas to go see, but your friend makes a mistake and one of the choices is not an opera. Operas are very common in crossword puzzles. If you worked crossword puzzles you would know which one of the following is not an opera?
4. You are touring the Middle East and are very confused over the many different titles. You only wished you had worked more crossword puzzles that commonly include the clue "Eastern Title." Which of the following is NOT an "Eastern Title?"
5. You are female and plan to visit India. What "Indian garb" should you wear to fit in with the locals?
6. You are on the road again and this time you are visting historic Normandy in France. You are awed by the significance of the World War II D-Day invasion on the beaches. A sign directs you to a nearby French town where a significant battle was fought. Crossword puzzles frequently ask about what "Normandy town?"
7. You have just begun law school. In your law book you see a very odd 3 letter word. You look it up in the dictionary and it is defined as "a particular thing." What word is known in crossword puzzles as a "Legal thing?"
8. While visting Atlanta, a friend suggests that you visit "Scarlett's house." Since you work crossword puzzles you know that this house is fictional and from a very famous Civil War novel. What is "Scarlett's house?"
9. You have always wanted to see a Broadway play. You wait and try to buy tickets on the day you want to go. Many of the plays are sold out. You notice a 3-letter sign by many of the play titles when in line at TIX for half-price tickets. What is the answer to the crossword puzzle clue "B'way sign?"
10. In Sunday School the teacher asks who were Adam and Eve's children that are actually named in the Bible. Your hand shoots up and you answer Cain and Abel. The teacher says that is wrong, they had a third child named in the Bible. If you worked crossword puzzles you would know who was meant by "Eve's third?"
Source: Author jmoskow
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.