Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Elementary school girls are playing with their dolls when one of the girls says to the other, "you should give me your new dollhouse because, if you don't, I won't be your friend anymore." What fallacy is being committed?
2. Amy should be elected president of Environmental Club. She has been having a really bad week since her grandmother died on Monday.
3. Bethany and Megan are adamantly opposed to smoking and once lectured me on its negative health effects after seeing me smoke. However, I saw both of them smoking cigarettes at a party last week.
4. Natrick's Rice Cakes are the best snack around. All the celebrities are eating them!
5. Clay could not have written the play he performed. Clay is an immoral drunk and often engages in the use of recreational drugs. Clearly, he is insane and did not write the play.
6. The school board argues that they need money to repair the schools. The real reason kids aren't doing homework is because they are playing so many video games. Video game sales have been sky-rocketing for the past few years and the amount of time that children spend playing them is astounding. Therefore, the school board should advise parents to monitor the time their children spend on video games.
7. The students at Natrick University are petitioning for alcohol to be allowed on campus. Why would the students want this? Do they want to be drunk from the day they set foot on campus until graduation? Do they want to be shipped off to the hospital with alcohol poisoning? Do they expect the school to serve beer in the dining hall? This petition is ridiculous.
8. A police officer pulls over a man for speeding. The man says, "please officer, I shouldn't get a ticket for speeding. I just lost my job and I need to feed my kids!"
9. A mother is eating dinner with her son and says, "you want to grow up to be just like Superman, don't you? Then eat your meatloaf and spinach."
10. Gretchen persuasively argues for the increase of minimum wage. However, she flips burgers at the local burger joint and is paid minimum wage. She has no specialist knowledge of economic matters. Therefore, her arguments are nonsense.
Source: Author natrick
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.