Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The word 'Schadenfreude' is borrowed from what language?
2. What does the word 'Schadenfreude' basically mean?
3. There is no true translation of the word 'Schadenfreude' into the English language. However, which of the following options is the closest to its meaning?
4. How is the word 'Schadenfreude' pronounced?
5. What kind of word is 'Schadenfreude'?
6. Now, remember that I want you to enjoy all my quizzes and hope you do really well in them, so I try to write them as clearly as possible.
Imagine, you would finish this quiz with zero correct answers - Would I feel 'Schadenfreude'?
7. You see your ex-partner, who treated you ghastly when you broke up, across the road, just as a huge truck drives through a massive puddle and splashes them from head to toe with dirty, cold water. (Due to their behaviour in the past, you feel secretly delighted about it, but would obviously not openly admit this!)
Is this a case of 'Schadenfreude'?
8. Your best friend has been having really bad luck recently, which has understandably upset you a lot, too. This friend tells you today that they finally got the promotion at work, which they have been hoping for. You are over the moon for your friend.
This is a case of 'Schadenfreude'.
9. Author Mike Young had a book published in January 2013 called "_____ Schadenfreude". Which word goes in the blank?
10. Please name the musical that features a song called 'Schadenfreude'.
Source: Author froggyx
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.