Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Roscoe stumbles home drunk at 3 a.m., waking his irate wife. What does he do to convince her that it's only midnight?
2. Roscoe has trouble getting into his nightshirt but manages in a way that would do a contortionist proud. Where does he end up spending the night?
3. At breakfast, Roscoe begs (and gets) his wife's forgiveness, then winks at the camera. Her mother stays aloof, giving Roscoe the eye. When it's time for the morning walk, Roscoe has a bit of trouble helping both women with their jackets. Where does he take the ladies?
4. Roscoe and the ladies approach an attraction that we'd not see nowadays -- for ten cents admission, visitors could gawk at live premature babies in incubators. Roscoe gets a scolding from his mother-in-law, and a fake scolding but a real smile from his wife, when he tells them he's done what?
5. Meanwhile, Al has brought his girl, Alice, for an afternoon date. He and Alice get separated. Alice goes to a game booth to try to win a prize. What does Al go to gawk at?
6. Roscoe spots two mongrels hanging out by a frankfurter stand, and warns them to get lost, lest they end up in the sausage. He stops to take a breather, but is quickly entranced by an elegant woman and by Alice. Indecisive, he flips a coin but overrides the coin toss to follow Alice. Has Alice done anything to lead him on?
7. Roscoe sneaks up behind Alice and steals a kiss. She starts beating on him with the doll she won at the game booth. Al spots the fracas and takes over, beating Roscoe black and blue. A newsreel cameraman captures the fight. But on arriving home, Roscoe has quite a different story to tell his wife and her mother. How does he claim he got so battered?
8. To add insult to injury, after Roscoe is left battered on the ground by Al, he gets a kick in the pants from somebody else. Who is it that abuses Roscoe when he's down?
9. Roscoe takes his wife and mother-in-law to the Rialto, where they're seated as a singer entertains. Along come Al and Alice. Then the newsreel starts: "Mashers flirting in our parks should be stopped." And, in a massive continuity error, the newsreel shows not just the fight, but the original flirtation between Roscoe and Alice. How does Roscoe respond?
10. Roscoe's wife and her mother follow him out of the theater, scolding, "Just you wait until we get home!" Then Roscoe has an inspiration. What does he do?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.