Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The film "Rashomon" was based on two short stories that were written by which Japanese writer, who tragically died of an overdose of barbital at the young age of 35?
2. A true giant of world cinema was responsible for directing "Rashomon". Some of his other works included the 1961 film "Yojimbo" and the 1985 "King Lear" adaptation "Ran". What was his name?
3. The opening scene saw the woodcutter and the priest sitting under the Rashomon gate. They were soon joined by a commoner. Why did he join them?
4. When the woodcutter began to relate his tale of the bizarre events that had unfolded, what did he say was the first item that he came across before he discovered the murder?
5. The character of Tajomaru was played by Toshiro Mifune. Armed with his
frightful laugh and astonishing stare, what type of role did he play in
6. When the victim's wife told her side of the story, what weapon did she claim to have killed her husband with?
7. The murder victim didn't let the fact of being dead stop him giving evidence at the inquest into his death. How did he provide the evidence?
8. After the woodcutter had related the three versions of the events, the commoner found out that the woodcutter was actually there, but failed to come forward with his version of events. In the woodcutter's retelling of the tale, who committed the murder?
9. Following the woodcutter's final version of the tale, the three men under the Rashomon gate heard a baby cry. The commoner was the first on the scene and took something from the baby before leaving the scene. What did he take?
10. After the priest became shocked at the woodcutter's behaviour, the woodcutter managed to restore the priest's faith in humanity. How did he do this?
Source: Author ajwtimperley
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.