Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The now-famous line that I used for the title of this quiz ("If they move..kill 'em!") was delivered by William Holden's character, Pike Bishop, the leader of the Bunch. What major scene or event soon followed?
2. After escaping from the bank robbery ambush, the surviving members of the "Bunch" rode to a small Mexican village to meet up with Freddie and split up the loot. After a spirited argument over the division of their shares, they opened the moneybags, only to discover they stole a large quantity of what worthless items?
3. By way of flashbacks, it was obvious that Pike Bishop and Deke Thornton were partners, and even friends, at one point in time. Why was Thornton so motivated to track down Bishop and the rest of the "Bunch"?
4. Being a member of the "Bunch" was quite a family affair, as Tector (Ben Johnson) and Lyle (Warren Oates) Gorch were brothers. Which other two characters in the film were also related?
5. As guests of General Mapache, during which time they were making plans to steal the arms shipment, Bishop, Dutch, Angel and Freddie were seen drinking and relaxing in a steam-room. Lyle and Tector had other plans, however and, accompanied by three young senoritas, went off to search for another means to wash off the trail dust. Where did the five of them end up bathing?
6. Even the darkest, most violent films find it necessary at times to have a moment or two of comedic levity, and "The Wild Bunch" was no exception. After the train robbery, the boys stopped for a well-deserved break and a quick taste of their favorite libation. The bottle was tossed about from man to man, each taking a generous swig. One poor member was deliberately ignored until the bottle was drained. Who never got to wet his whistle?
7. After the rifles were stolen from the train, the "Bunch" crossed a bridge that was rigged with dynamite, with Thornton and the posse in hot pursuit. Just before the bridge exploded (with the posse on it), Bishop and Thornton made eye contact, and Bishop offered Thornton a simple gesture. What was the gesture Bishop made?
8. After a heated and passionate discussion regarding his hatred for Mapache and the struggles his (Angel's) villagers were experiencing, Angel agreed to forfeit his share of the gold for the stolen rifles in exchange for another form of payment. What did Bishop and Dutch decide to give him?
9. After the famous "Long Walk" scene, Bishop, Dutch, Lyle, and Tector confronted Mapache with the intent to rescue Angel. What did Mapache do next, to cause Bishop to shoot and kill him, prompting the "Battle of Bloody Porch" shoot-out?
10. The film ended with an exchange between Thornton and Freddie, outside of Mapache's stronghold, following the "Battle of Bloody Porch", and the off-screen ambush of the bounty hunters. What was the final line that Freddie said to Thornton?
Source: Author doorsfan58
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.