Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Aside from being Roscoe Arbuckle's first independent short at Comique, "The Butcher Boy" is a cinematic milestone for another reason; it marks the film debut of Buster Keaton. The film also stars Arbuckle's nephew, who shares equal billing with Keaton. Who was he?
2. Fatty's butcher work would not gain USDA approval. What does he do to the meat that's unsavory?
3. The pepper grinder at the shop probably wouldn't pass muster in a modern store either. Why not?
4. When Buster Keaton makes his entrance, he's wearing two articles that will be part of his usual look for the rest of his career. On his feet are his famous slapshoes. What kind of hat does he sport?
5. When Buster Keaton makes his entrance, he goes straight for an old favorite vaudeville prop. What does he grab first?
6. Though he was briefly sidetracked by other merchandise, Buster quickly homes in on the thing he'd come to purchase. What is it?
7. How is Buster distracted while Fatty is filling his order?
8. When Buster returns to the store, Fatty and his rival are fighting, and Buster ends up getting nailed in the face with something Fatty throws at his rival. What is it?
9. Buster quickly ends up in a fight with Fatty's rival as Fatty makes off with the girl. When another innocent bystander gets caught in the crossfire, we see Buster react by doing something he's reputed never to do. Fill in the blank: "He ______."
10. The transition from the first part of the film to the second sees Fatty despondent. Why is he so sad?
11. Fatty wants to visit his girl at school. How does he manage this?
12. Fatty's rival disguises as a student in a plot to get the girl for himself. What's his plan?
13. What does Fatty's rival do at dinner, that disgusts Fatty and the girl?
14. When Buster gets chased into the Principal's office, what does she do to him?
15. How does the movie end?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.