Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Razzie for Worst Leading Actor of 2002 was awarded to an Italian actor and director from the movie "Pinocchio". He did win an Oscar for Best Actor for the movie "La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful)" (1997). Who is this actor and director?
2. Starring in a sequel is not always a good idea, as this actress found out. She won the Razzie for Worst Leading Actress of 2006 for reprising her role of Catherine Tramell in the sequel to a steamy thriller originally released in 1992 and directed by Paul Verhoeven. Which actress is referred to?
3. Weird things can happen at the Razzies. In the award show for 1984 an actress actually won a Razzie for Worst Supporting Actor for her role in the 1983 movie "Sahara". Which actress, who won the first Razzie for Worst Leading Actress of 1980 for "Blue Lagoon", received this dubious honour?
4. Two women tied for the Worst Leading Actress Award of 2002; one for the movie "Swept Away", the other for "Crossroads". Both are perhaps better known for their music and they recorded a song together in 2003 called "Me Against the Music". Who are the two women involved?
5. In the show for 1996 there was a tie for the Worst Leading Actor award. One of the winners was Pauly Shore. The other actor winning for that year won for a total of three movies: "Big Bully", "Carpool" and "The Stupids". He is also famous as a writer for the TV-series "Roseanne" and for being married to its star Roseanne Barr between 1990 and 1994. Who is this actor?
6. If your acting career does not take off, you can always change careers. One actress won the Razzie for Worst Leading Actress for both 1982 and 1983, for her appearances in "Butterfly" and "The Lonely Lady". She would later go into music and score a big hit alongside Jermaine Jackson with the song "When the Rain Begins To Fall". Who is this actress/singer?
7. The winner of the Worst Supporting Actor of 1994 for the movie "Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult" is someone who isn't best known for his acting. He was a professional football player nicknamed "The Juice", but he is probably best known for a trial in 1995, where he was accused of murdering his wife and a friend of hers. Who is this former Razzie winner?
8. If you are from a wealthy family and money isn't exactly a problem, it is not too hard to try your hand at making movies as well. It does not save you from criticism and winning a Razzie, though, as one actress found out. Who is the TV star and social butterfly to win Worst Leading Actress of 2008 for the movie "The Hottie and the Nottie"?
9. You don't actually have to be an actor to win a Razzie, as a politician found out after being featured in this 2004 film. Who won the Worst Leading Actor award for his "part" in the Michael Moore documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11"?
10. We already saw a Razzie go to a female character in a male role. The reverse is also possible. Which actor, known for movies like "Beverly Hills Cop" and "The Nutty Professor", won Worst Supporting Actress for his role in the 2007 movie "Norbit"?
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.