Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which 1959 Lloyd Price song had these lyrics?
"Over and over
My friend says I'm a fool.
But over and over
I'll be a fool for you."
2. This quatrain appears in what 1959 song by Frankie Avalon?
"When that once-shy little sleepyhead
Learns about love and its lilt,
You can bet that the change
Is more than from cotton to silk."
3. Connie Francis used these lines in which 1959 tune?
"Once I was your sweetheart,
Now I'm just a friend.
Once you really loved me,
Now I just pretend."
4. These lines are from which 1959 Brook Benton number?
"Your touch is like a breath of spring,
You give life to my soul.
To me, sweetheart, you're everything
I ever hoped to hold."
5. From what 1959 Ricky Nelson hit comes this stanza?
"We gotta get home fast.
Can't speed (can't speed)
We're in a slow down zone.
Baby, look at that clock
Why can't it be wrong."
6. The group: The Coasters. The words:
"Measles make you bumpy
And mumps'll make you jumpy
And chicken pox will make you jump and twitch.
A common cold'll fool ya
And whooping cough'll cool ya."
7. "You keep my heart jumpin' like a kangaroo,
Floatin' like an onion in a bowl of stew.
Baby, ev'ry time you come in view,
I run like an antelope to get to you."
Fabian sang these lyrics in what 1959 tune?
8. In 1959, Paul Anka sang these lines in which song?
"Happiness is what I long for,
Loneliness is why I cry.
For you have made my heart a slave
And now it's up to you."
9. The singer: Fats Domino. The quatrain:
"Were gonna dance to the rock an roll.
We're gonna even do the stroll.
We're gonna Lindy hop with Suzy Q.
It's a special party just for you."
10. "I've been waiting just for tonight
To do some lovin' and hold you tight.
Don't tell me baby you gotta go,
I've got the hi-fi high and the lights down low."
These lyrics are from which Elvis Presley 1959 song?
Source: Author lowtechmaster
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.