Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Tony Orlando sings for us "I am comin' home, I've done my time
"Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine"
It is the story of a man who has been in prison for three years and is telling the other passengers in the bus that he is not sure if his love still wants him. He would like a sign of welcome...
What is this song's name?
2. This song, "The Green Leaves of Summer" was written for a 1960 patriotic movie. The Brothers Four popularized it.
"A time to be reaping, a time to be sowing
The green leaves of summer are calling me home"...
Which movie, with John Wayne, set in Texas, features this song?
3. This beautiful song surely touches the hearts of all parents. "Sunrise, Sunset" is featured in a movie and it is sung by an Israeli actor, Topol, who plays the main character, along with his wife.
"Is this the little girl I carried
Is this the little boy at play
I don't remember growing older
When did they?"...
Which movie features this beautiful song?
4. This song was composed by Paul Simon who, with Art Garfunkel, "sold" it to the director of a movie. The song's name is "Mrs Robinson" and you can hear the song in a movie with Dustin Hoffman. There is a reference to Joe DiMaggio in the song. In which movie is this song featured?
5. "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing.
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty"...
The group that sang this song was European, from Sweden. They did not stay too long together but they were very successful. Who sang this song?
6. Frank Sinatra sang this song for the first time is 1966. It describes the meeting of two people, who, after sharing one dance, they stay together forever.
"Something in your eyes
Was so inviting
Something in your smile
Was so exciting...
What is the name of this song?
7. "I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you..."
Louis Armstrong is unforgettable singing this song, describing "the skies of blue and the clouds of white", what is the name of this song?
8. The Beatles popularized this song, written by Paul McCartney, which was released in 1963.
"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you
Tomorrow I'll miss you
Remember I'll always be true"...
What is its name?
9. Stevie Wonder sings "No New Year's Day to celebrate
"No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away
No first of spring, no song to sing
In fact here's just another ordinary day..."
What is the name of this beautiful song?
10. "Starry, starry night,
paint your palette blue and gray,
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the
Darkness in my soul..."
The singer, Don McLean, tells us about this Dutch painter who lived a sad life, who was not understood and who died from a self inflicted wound. What is the name of this song?
Source: Author Babilonia
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.