Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1964 The Animals released one of their biggest hits, "House of the Rising Sun". What city was the setting for the song?
2. Which song was investigated by the F.B.I. because it was suspected of containing indecent lyrics?
3. At more than 17 minutes long, "In A Gadda Da Vida" was originally just supposed to be a sound check while the group waited for producer Jim Hilton. What group recorded this classic?
4. In 1967 the Beatles released "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". Inspired by a child's drawing, it describes a dream-like scene that invokes wild imagery. According to the lyrics, what kind of taxis appear on the shore?
5. Which song was a hit for Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs in 1965?
6. In 1967 Van Morrison released the song that launched his solo career. In "Brown Eyed Girl", what do they bring with them down to the old mine?
7. Three Dog Night had a hit with a song titled "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog" in 1971.
8. Deep Purple released "Smoke on the Water" in 1972. It tells the story of a hotel that burns down. How does the fire start?
9. The Deep Purple hit "Smoke on the Water" is based on real events.
10. Steppenwolf released "Born to be Wild" in 1967. Since then, it has been used in many movies and television commercials. In 1969 it was used in a soundtrack for the first time. Which movie was it in?
Source: Author 25or6to4
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.